Start with our 200-Hour Yoga Alliance program. The majority of our graduates find work in their community immediately after training ends. The health, wellness, and fitness industry is growing exponentially. With your 200-Hour certification, you are eligible to teach in studios, gyms, and community centers. Corporate Yoga can find teaching positions for you in corporate offices, schools, gated communities and wellness centers. If you are eager to begin your new career as a yoga teacher, our program serves your highest intention.
A Transformational, Yoga Alliance Registered 200Hour Training Program for Committed Yoga Practitioners, New & Current Yoga Teachers. When you complete this program, you will be eligible to apply as a Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance at the 200 hour level. Options for this training include the 4 Week Intensive and 7 Month programs.
WINTER Intensive Teacher Training Program 2017
- Jan 30-Feb 24, 2017 Monday-Friday 9:00am-3:00pm daily
- Saturday February 11th 10:00am-5:00pm & Sunday February 12th 12:00pm-5:00pm
- March 3 Graduation 9:00am-3:00pm
Location may vary.
- 35 classes with Mary Clare Sweet, or other Senior teachers
- 10 class observations of any Lotus House teacher
- 6 offerings of free “Kula Classes” to the community
- 8 hours in approved Lotus House of Yoga workshops
- Additional opportunities for Practice Teaching and Assisting in classes with Mary Clare
- Class homework and reading assignments
- Mary Clare Sweet
- Anne Sweet
- Sarah Rasby
- Chaeli Buda
- Erin Downs
- Lotus House of Yoga Staff
Required Reading List
- The Bhagavad Gita translated by Stephen Mitchell
- The Key Muscles of Yoga by Ray Long
- Light on Yoga BKS IYENGAR
- The Heart of Yoga TKV Desikichar
Highly Recommended Reading List
- Bringing Yoga to Your Life by Donna Fahri
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Sri Swami Satchitananda
- Yoga as Medicine by Timothy McCall
- $2400 if paid in full 30 days before start date
- $2500 with payment plan
- Tuition includes a 30 class pass to attend classes with senior teachers to meet the class attendance requirement
- Additional Fees may apply for elective workshop requirements
- All teacher training fees are non-refundable
Next, move on to the “grad school” of yoga teacher training. Our 300-hour program is open to anyone. If you are certified 200 hour teacher and want to continue your education, this program is for you. We are the only Yoga Alliance Registered School in Nebraska and Iowa, with a 300-Hour Certification and a 500-Hour Certification. This advanced program helps specialize your expertise. Immerse yourself in your favorite areas of study. A huge benefit is that your can learn at your own pace. We allow you to design your perfect schedule that fits your lifestyle and needs.
Designed for current teachers who want to refine their craft and deepen their knowledge. When you complete this program, you will be eligible to apply as a Yoga Teacher with Yoga Alliance at the 500 hour level. This revolving program allows you to take the program at your own pace and schedule. If you already have your 200 hour Yoga Alliance certification, you will only need to take 300 hours to complete the program. If you do not have your 200 hour YA certification, you will need to enroll in our 200 hour program as well.
- Required and Elective Modules, includes related homework assignments
- 3 Book Reports from the Recommended Book List
- Attending 20 yoga classes with Mary Clare
- Observation of 8 classes with Mary Clare
- Observation of your teaching and assists
- Karma Project
- Essay on topic of choice for completion certification
- $108 Enrollment Fee
- Pay for workshops as you go, allowing you to customize your pace, workshops, and tailor to your interests
Children's Yoga Teacher Training
The full 95-Hour Yoga Alliance Registered Children’s Yoga Teacher Training Program is created for those teachers who want to enhance children’s lives through the practice of yoga. This training is designed to fit all schedules and professions, whether you are a school teacher looking for ways to activate learning opportunities in the classroom, a yoga teacher who wants to expand your expertise or a caregiver with a commitment to your craft. All that is needed is a passion for yoga and a desire to make a positive difference in the lives of our children (and have a lot of fun!).
It is not required that you are an RYT200, but if you are, at the completion of the requirements, you can at the Yoga Alliance RCYT designation to your credentials. The full certification consists of four modules, elective workshops, observation and kula classes. The modules may be taken in any order, as it fits your schedule. Children’s Yoga Teacher Training may also count towards your RYT500 certification.
Throughout the coursework students gain knowledge of the physical and energetic shifts made with the practice of yoga. Students will be prepared to work with and teach children of all ages with fun and inviting themes and techniques. The Lotus House of Yoga Children’s Yoga Teacher Training Program includes sessions on :
- breathing exercises appropriate for children
- complete list of of child-friendly yoga poses
- relaxation techniques and visualizations for children
- creating and using themes and stories
- how to teach different age groups
- kid-friendly yoga games, songs and chants
- partner & group poses
- simple creative movement routines
- prop suggestions
- class setting adaptations and considerations
- lesson planning and sequencing
- incorporating music, songs, crafts, books and yogic themes
- adaptations for special groups: special needs children, teens, families, etc.
- behavior management techniques that support a loving, non-competitive environment and encourage respect for self and others
- Module 1: Planting the Seed – Learn history, philosophy and core elements of teaching children’s yoga.
- Module 2: Nourishing the Seedling – Explore anatomy, energy and development of young students as they grow.
- Module 3: Blooming in the Sun – Discover your playful inner child, meaningful intentions and power of the breath and voice.
- Module 4: Enjoying the Bounty of the Garden – Bringing all of the knowledge and tools together to create a dynamic, fun and interesting kids yoga program.
- Elective Workshops
- Class Observation
- Kula Classes
We invite you to join us for our Lotus House of Yoga Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training in Lincoln and OMaha Nebraska. Accredited with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Prenatal Yoga School, our program certifies graduates as certified Prenatal Yoga Teachers.
This course is intended to teach Yoga instructors to safely guide their pregnant students through all three trimesters of a healthy and active prenatal yoga class. Teachers will gain a comprehensive understanding of the unique needs of their pregnant yoga practitioners.
Every student who successfully completes this Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga training will be awarded a certificate documenting that they have completed the requirements set forth by Yoga Alliance and are eligible to teach Prenatal Yoga.
Each Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga teacher-training student is supplied with a well-researched and written manual by our Lotus House of Yoga Education Staff. This manual will be a valuable resource for you in the time following the training.
All current Yoga Alliance members who complete the 85-hour training are eligible for the RPYT (Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher) designation from the Yoga Alliance.
This Comprehensive Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training includes:
- Prenatal Vinyasa Yoga ~ Asana and Flow
- Intro to Childbirth Education
- Pregnancy Anatomy
- Prenatal Partner Yoga
- Kundalini Yoga postures and sequences unique to pregnancy
- Optimal nutrition for fertility
- Meditations and mantras to help women prepare for a positive birth experience and motherhood
- Acupuncture During Pregnancy to help alleviate physical symptoms and induce labor
- LOTUS HOUSE OF YOGA SACRED BIRTHING CIRCLE CEREMONY – learn this sacred celebration of birth, life and mothers
- Crystals and Gems for Childbirth
- Pregnancy anatomy and alignment
- Essential Oils for Pregnancy
- Difference between obstetrical and midwifery models of care
- Vaccinations – exploring parents’ options and resources
- Couples Yoga and Meditations classes
- Clearing our own blocks in order to become authentic and effective teacher
- Networking with your community and others in the childbirth world
Includes yoga techniques specialized to the needs of the pregnant woman, including practice and teaching skills for trimester-specific yoga techniques. Techniques include: alignment for the expectant mother, appropriate yoga techniques for each trimester, how to practice yoga techniques safely and relaxation and stress management techniques.
Learn how to create lesson plans for the beginning and/or advanced student during each trimester.
We will study human anatomy and physiology (both physical and subtle body) related specifically to considerations during pregnancy. Topics include but are not limited to: overview of what is normal anatomy and physiology during pregnancy, how organs function during pregnancy, including an overview of the complications.
Dates (Dates are subject to change due to attendees schedules)
This will be a 3 part training over 3 weekends. Attendance for the entire duration is required for certification.
Part 1: April 22 – 23 (20 Hours) $300
Part 2: July 15 – 17 (20 Hours) $300
Part 3: September 16 – 19 (20 Hours) $300
85 (75 contact, 10 non-contact)
Lotus House of Yoga
Omaha 144th & Maple
Lincoln 1701 Pine Lake Road
$850. Register from now until March 23 paid in full
$900. Register after March paid in full